Medical Expert Witness & Medical Toxicology Expert Witness Services
Our team of experts are knowledgeable, responsive, and know how to maintain professional objectivity. For more than 20 years, we have worked alongside physicians, nurses, and numerous other clinical colleagues to collaborate as a team to improve patient outcomes. In addition, the strong emphasis placed on pharmacists to provide in-depth patient education and consultation have given our experts the cutting edge on tailoring our communication styles to fit individual needs and preferences. Demystifying highly technical jargon and simplifying complex medical topics to ensure the information makes sense to all intended audiences is a pre-requisite to enjoying a successful career as a pharmacist, and we pride ourselves on being exceptional in this space. Other attributes that are pivotal to our success with clients are our relentless attention to detail, approachability, high sense of ethics, and professional demeanor.
When approaching our expert witness work, we couple evidence-based medicine and standards of care with our own specialized professional experience. We work with both plaintiff and defense cases, and our services include consultation, research and investigative activities, analysis, opinion reports, expert witness testimony and depositions, and court appearances.
Our many years’ experience serving as the subject matter expert working closely with attorneys/legal teams and state/federal regulatory agencies on a variety of investigations, complaints, medication errors, audits, etc. has deepened our understanding of the how the system functions and demonstrates our credibility and empathy in this space. Further, our time spent in academia coupled with our recognition as a board-certified geriatric practitioner have enabled broader exposure and a greater depth of expertise in the field.
We are highly trained drug experts, we lend credibility to virtually all medication & therapy-related issues for attorneys, insurers, and healthcare facilities.
Because we are highly trained drug experts, we lend credibility to virtually all medication and therapy-related issues for attorneys, insurers, and healthcare facilities. Our years of experience, education, and training position us to provide our expert opinion with confidence, impartiality, and compassion. Some of our areas of focus for medical expert witness and medical toxicology expert witness are listed below:
- overdose/toxicity and underdosing
- medication errors
- adverse reactions
- causation (pharmacology and toxicology-related)
- drug-drug interactions and drug-food interactions
- opioid pain management
- patient counseling
- pharmacy malpractice (including administration of incorrect medication or dosage and communication errors)
- prescription drug marketing
- pharmacy law
- pharmacy and medical standards of care (prescribing and medication management)
- clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy-related issues
- wrongful death
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Medicare Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) compliance
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Submitted claims review (drug utilization review, clinical appropriateness for diagnosis, double billing)
- geriatrics – industry standards for long-term care, skilled nursing, assisted living and rehab, residential care, and hospice facilities
- elderly care – geriatric drug therapy management
- pediatric clinical pharmacology
- absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion (ADME) of medication
- substance use disorders